Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article or section refers to elements from one of the Dune computer games.
Dune IV is a remake of Dune II that can run natively on Windows. The game was developed in 2003-2004 with some updates later; as of 2014 last version is 1.028, June 2011. It is now freeware, though initially a non-free unlocker was needed for some campaigns.
Dune IV has mostly the same gameplay of the original game, but adds a modern interface, including multiple unit selection and building pipeline. It grabbed the original graphics, but many sounds are new (voices are in russian or in english with a little slavic accent). The most notable differences in gameplay are:
- Barracks have an additional function, they raise the maximum number of units that the player can produce.
- Ornithopters and carryalls can float in midair and are fully controlled by the player like other units.
- Repair facility only repairs turrets.
- Starport no longer buys units.
- Only the first spice refinery includes a harvester.
Five new campaigns are available (two Atreides, Harkonnen, Ordos, Fremen). Multiplayer over LAN allows battles with up to 8 competitors on predesigned scenarios. The game includes a scenario editor.